Preserving the history, heritage, and legacy of the Philippine Scouts for present and future generations

Veterans Affairs & Benefits


Department of Veterans Affairs

For information on the military records of veterans you may write or call the Veterans Administration ((800) 827-1000 in the U.S.) and ask for a VA Form SF 180 (Request Pertaining to Military Records).

You also may be able to get a copy of your relative's military records by writing to:

National Personnel Records Center
9700 Page Road
St. Louis, MO 63132-5100

State your relationship, and tell them if the veteran is deceased. Give them as much of the following as you can: full name, birth date, death date, branch of military service (Philippine Scouts are "Army"), service number, SSN, service entry date, date left service, rank, unit served with in Philippines. Ask them to send his complete "201" file, including qualifications, promotions, assignments and decorations. State briefly why you want the information. Give your address and telephone number. Allow about eight weeks for a reply.

» VA Benefits for New Philippine Scouts
» Fact sheet for VA Benefits for Filipino Soldiers


National Personnel Records Center

The National Personnel Records Center has provided a Website for veterans to access their DD-214 (Military Personnel Records) online.



U.S. Embassy Manila

The Veterans Affairs Section, U.S. Embassy, Manila contains the following information links:

  • Benefits Available to Commonwealth Army (USAFFE) and Recognized Guerrillas
  • Benefits Available to New Philippine Scouts
  • Email address of the Manila Office of the Department of Veterans Affairs



Previous: Resources
Next: Links


Last modified: 19-Aug-2009