Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Captain Herman C. Kluge (Read 57 times)
noriega4631
YaBB Newbies

Tucson, AZ
Captain Herman C. Kluge
Apr 29th, 2018, 4:21pm

I am trying to find information on my grandfather, Herman C. Kluge. He was the superintendent of a sawmill until the Japanese invasion of the Philippines. He then became Captain of the 121st Infantry Regiment in the American-Filipino Army. He and my grandmother, Anna Dettbarn Kluge, live with the guerillas in the mountains of North Luzon. My grandfather led the group tormenting the Japanese troops, which finally led to a price of 5,000 pesos for his capture. He surrendered July 4th, 1943 in order to save a village from mass execution. He was taken to a prison camp and later an underground dungeon, referred to as "The Icebox". After months of torture, he was executed November 1, 1943 near Manila. His remains have never been recovered.

Any information about him is appreciated. My grandmother escaped from the Philippines and was never able find word regarding his remains, either.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print