Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
45th Infantry Regiment (PS) Service Co. Bataan (Read 2019 times)
Andrew45th
YaBB Newbies

Fremont, California
45th Infantry Regiment (PS) Service Co. Bataan
Feb 10th, 2015, 6:32pm

My grandfather, Corporal Mariano S. Marfa joined the 45th Infantry Regiment (PS) in 1932 starting with Company "I".  
  In 1938 Mariano was transferred to Service Co., 45th Infantry Regiment (PS).  At this time he completed two certifications at the Quartermaster Motor Transport School, Port Area, Manila for Preventative Maintenance and Engine overhaul.
 Re-enlisted Feb 16th, 1941 to continue with the Service Co., 45th Infantry Regiment (PS).
 Question:  What was my grandfathers role in the Service Co. during the Battle of Bataan?

I am new to the history of WWII.  Currently reading as much as can in researching where the 45th Infantry Reg was during the entire battle until the surrender April 9, 1942.  Mariano qualified (ER) expert rifleman.  Questions linger for me.  Was the role to supply the 45th with supplies?  How could he supply them if everyone is fighting and stand their ground in Bataan?
I would appreciate assistance regarding my personal journey to understand what and where my Lolo was doing at the time since I can no longer ask him personally.
Mabuhay ang Philippine Scouts!
Strong to Endure
Andrew Galindez

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print