Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Seeking info on Thomas "Trap" Trapnell (Read 2790 times)
RipUSMC
YaBB Newbies

Falls Church, VA
Seeking info on Thomas "Trap" Trapnell
Apr 07th, 2013, 9:40am

Hello Scouts and relatives of Scouts, it's an honor to be able to post on your web site.  

My Great Uncle was LtGen Thomas John Hall "Trap" Trapnell.  I was seeking to talk with or hear stories about my Great Uncle.  He left an audio tape to my brother and recently I have been working on a project to detail his experiences.  I was very honored to be allowed a chance to join your web site and hope anyone might be able to assist.  I have amassed quite a few books on the 26th and have requested an FOIA for his war records.  Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Semper fi,
Maj. H. Ripley Rawlings
USMC

IP Logged
victor
YaBB Administrator

PA
Re: Seeking info on Thomas "Trap" Trapnell
Reply #1 - Jun 15th, 2013, 9:07am

Hello Maj. Ripley,

Have you by any chance read the book Twilight Riders? I think he was mentioned in it a couple of times, but more importantly it gives context to the trials and tribulations he had to endure with the 26th at their finest moments.

Victor

IP Logged
RipUSMC
YaBB Newbies

Falls Church, VA
Reply #2 - Jun 15th, 2013, 4:29pm

Hi Victor,
Thanks much for the suggestion.  I have the book and intend to read it shortly.  Work has kept me busy and my research through FOIA, NARA and the Army archives.  I have been reading quite a few other books about the PS and really enjoy getting a feel for the hardship and danger shared by the troops.

Semper fi,
Rip

IP Logged
victor
YaBB Administrator

PA
Reply #3 - Jun 17th, 2013, 10:01pm

I noticed that you're from Falls Church, VA.

Lt. Col. Ed Ramsey's interment in Arlington will be on June 28th at 11am, just passing on info. He led the famous last US cavalry charge in Bataan.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print