Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cpl. Facundo P. Morandarte (Read 5210 times)
KVALC81
YaBB Newbies

Cpl. Facundo P. Morandarte
Oct 18th, 2012, 5:40pm

I am the great-grandson of Facundo Peņaflorida Morandarte who was a Philippine Scout. He was from the town of Buhi in the province of Camarines Sur.

According to NARA he was a Corporal at the time and enlisting on July 28, 1941 in the infantry.

From stories from fellow scouts from his town - he was in the Bataan Death March, completed the march only to be shot down by a Japanese sniper in Camp O'Donnell.

I've attached a photo of Facundo dated Jan 1925 (which now I think maybe wrong).

So far that's the information we have. Anyone here who knows any additional information, kindly PM me. Thanks.

Facundo is in the photo standing 3rd from left. Can anyone identify anyone in this photo? Where and when it was taken?
« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2012, 8:54pm by KVALC81 »  

Facundo_Morandarte_PS.jpg
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print