Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
26th Cavalry Motorized/Mechanized Squadron (Read 2173 times)
BA-MilitaryHistory
YaBB Newbies

26th Cavalry Motorized/Mechanized Squadron
Oct 16th, 2012, 11:46am

Hello all,
I understand that in January of 1942, 26th Cavalry was reorganized into two squadrons. One was supposedly a "fire brigade" of truck-borne infantry and the other was supposedly mechanized and equipped with Bren Carriers and M3A1 scout cars. My questions are about the latter squadron.

How was this unit used; meaning what role did it play on Bataan and also, what were the tactics and the dynamics between the M3A1's and the Bren Carriers? How was the unit organized to achieve these tactics?

My other question is how were these vehicles armed? In Africa, the M3A1 was equipped with a .50 cal and two .30 cals. Bren carriers could be loaded up with pretty much anything. Would I be correct in assuming that the Scout cars were armed pretty much the same and that the Bren Carriers were just loaded up with riflemen and Thompsons?

Thank you very much.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print