Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bridge DEmolition on Luzon (Read 3880 times)
scotisle
YaBB Newbies

Bridge DEmolition on Luzon
Jun 14th, 2012, 8:06pm

This image is marked LC-USZ62-106361 in the Library of Congress. Anybody know anything about the men or the location?

Thanks
Scotisle
NYC

LC-USZ62-106361_001.jpg
WWW   IP Logged
pinoyq8
YaBB Newbies

Re: Bridge DEmolition on Luzon
Reply #1 - Sep 3rd, 2013, 1:12am

I heard a story from my mom that her father, TSgt. Dionisio Villarta ordered them to leave the place (San Clemente, Tarlac) because they would demolish the bridge to delay the advancement of the Japanese forces. My grandfather was a Philippine Scouts of the Headquarters and Service Company, 14th Engineer Regiment. Could this be the photo? The one standing and holding a reel of blasting wire could be my grandfather?

scotisle wrote on Jun 14th, 2012, 8:06pm:
This image is marked LC-USZ62-106361 in the Library of Congress. Anybody know anything about the men or the location?

Thanks
Scotisle
NYC

« Last Edit: Sep 3rd, 2013, 6:20pm by pinoyq8 »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print