Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Headquarter and Headquarter Company (Read 3560 times)
herrick
YaBB Newbies

Headquarter and Headquarter Company
Nov 27th, 2011, 9:29am

Anyone who knows the Headquarter or Headquarter Company, it was a support company to the Philippine Department of which the scouts and the Philippine Division belongs, If you have the roster or list of their names please, have a copy for me. am researching my Grandfather's unit and their role in that war, My Grabdfather's name was 1Lt. Adamin A. Tallow, later he commanded the 51st Provisionary and then the 51st Combat Team.

IP Logged
herrick
YaBB Newbies

Re: Headquarter and Headquarter Company
Reply #1 - Nov 28th, 2011, 11:28am

what I mean was, My grandpa, was with the Philippine Division, Headquarter, a support company composed of 35 men, sometimes they were called the motorpool guys, because they were the errand guys for the officers and men under the division, can anyone give me details about them?? mY grandpa, ADAMIN TALLOW belongs to that.. sure enough its close to the philippine scouts and the rest of the US army units..

IP Logged
OlsenPC
YaBB Newbies

Re: Headquarter and Headquarter Company
Reply #2 - Jun 14th, 2012, 4:15am

My great uncle was assigned to the same HQ Phil. Div. as a Lt. Col.  I have spent years researching for any roster, listing, detail, or posting on where he went.  I believe like me you will not find any records at all.  All records of MacArthurs staff and HQ were destroyed or lost.  My only suggestion would be to contact NARA, or Army records in St. Louis, and perhaps not all was lost in the fire.  

In my G. Uncles' case, St. Louis had one single line of a record in the relevant timeframe - "MIA Dec. 7, 1941"
From letters, we know he survived until the fall of Bataan, then nothing.  Even the infamous LIST of Surviving Personnel that Wainwright sent out from Corregidor in early May 1942 on a submarine has never been found.

petrao57   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print