Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Eliseo Omoso -Company C, 14th Combat Engineers- (Read 5463 times)
JIM OMOSO
YaBB Newbies

Eliseo Omoso -Company C, 14th Combat Engineers-
Oct 13th, 2011, 5:32am

I am attempting to find out if there is anyone from Company C, 14th Combat Engineers Bn. that remembers my father Eliseo Omoso from Negros Occidental who @ sometime after 1948 changed his first name to Raymund. While visiting PSHS website, I stumbled across my dad pictured in the photo of Company C, 14th Combat Engineers survivor's @ Fort McKinley kneeling down third from right. I have taken that photo & pasted in his image from when he was with the 1st Cav. sometime in the early 50's to hopefully make it a bit easier to recognize him.
After WWII, my dad remained in the U.S. Army as a combat engineer for an additional 22 1/2 yrs. serving not only in WWII, but Korea, and Vietnam before finally retiring @ Fort Lewis, Wash. He past away on 12 Oct 1969 here in Fairfield, Ca. 3 days before my 13th birthday. So, unfortunately because of my age at the time & my dad serving multiple tours in Vietnam back then, I never really got to know the man as well as I wish I could have. Unlike other kids, I never had the privilage of being told much about my fathers military career, especially when it had to do with combat from my mom or anyone else.
I attempted to follow my fathers foot steps but fell short, only serving 4 yrs as an enlisted U.S. Army Ranger. Finding out as much information about my father, would give me a better insight of why my Godfather (Bataan Death March Survivor) feels my dad would've been disappointed in me for not doing 20 years in the military. But most of all what I'm really after is to get a better understanding of what my dad & his unit had to endure back then.
I do know one thing for sure about my dad, whatever he experienced during WWII as a scout, especially when in his dress greens, made him stand tall & walk with alot of unquestionable pride throughout his entire military career.
« Last Edit: Nov 06th, 2011, 8:12am by JIM OMOSO »  

dad_pasted_in.jpg
  IP Logged
FriscoHare
YaBB Administrator

Re: Raymund Omoso -Company C, 14th Combat Engineers-
Reply #1 - Oct 14th, 2011, 1:39am

Hi Jim,
Have you read Robert S. Kramer's book called "One Out of Eleven"? Lt. Kramer, an officer in C Company, 14th Eng. Regiment, provides details as to what C Company endured during the war. It's a good book, I think.

My great-uncle was part of A Co., 14th Engineers. I hope this helps and thank you sir for your service as well. 4 years as an Army Ranger is extremely admirable.  

Sean

IP Logged
JIM OMOSO
YaBB Newbies

Re: Raymund Omoso -Company C, 14th Combat Engineers-
Reply #2 - Oct 14th, 2011, 11:37am

I thank you very much for the encourgement and for the information you've provided me with, l will definitely start looking for the book so that I can read through it.

Regards, Smiley

Jim Omoso

« Last Edit: Oct 14th, 2011, 3:48pm by JIM OMOSO »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print