Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My grandfather Lt. Francisco (Frank) Baja Bautista (Read 11139 times)
Ron
YaBB Newbies

San Jose, CA
My grandfather Lt. Francisco (Frank) Baja Bautista
Aug 10th, 2011, 11:57am

Hello!

It's an honor to have found the PSHS. I am the proud grandson of Lt. Francisco (Frank) Baja Bautista who served as a Philippine Scout from 1922 to 1945. He was with the 92nd Coast Artillery Corps, Battery B where he participated in the Battle of Bataan. After the fall of Bataan, he was imprisoned at Camp O'Donnell with others who survived the March. After his release, he returned to his hometown of Masantol, Pampanga where he joined Maj. Lapham's guerilla force. He was appointed Captain and was executive officer of the Caribou Brigade. His duty was to spy on the Japanese and provide intel on gun and military installation positions.

I'm trying to find others who may have served with my grandfather in the 92nd CAC or Lapham's Caribou Brigade as I'm doing continued research on my grandfather's activities during WWII.

God Bless the Philippine Scouts!
~Ron
rpmuriera@gmail.com

Frank_B__Bautista_Philippine_Scout_WWII.jpg
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print