Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mt. Samat walk, 2008-08-26, clear scenery, cross (Read 5328 times)
Karl-Wilhelm Welteke
YaBB Newbies

I am an USN
vet.interested in
Phil-Am History.

Subic Bay
Mt. Samat walk, 2008-08-26, clear scenery, cross
Aug 08th, 2011, 11:26pm

Walked up the mountain with friends, a great day. The Phil-Jap. Friendship Building was open and we had a look. Got details of the cross and the US Plaques at the Museum level. Great shot of the Shrine grounds and good scenery shots around the Samat Mountain, they are good to get feel of the battle field geographic layout. Also I tried to get better shots of the battle field graphics on the colonnade walls. Here are 100 images:
http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i265/PI-Sailor/Manila%20Bay%20Forts-Other/Bata...

If you like and I recommend you do if you are interested in details of the cross, the battlefield graphics, the plaques and most of important the layout of the geographic battlefield around Mt Samat you can see all 134 images here:
http://pisailor.multiply.com/photos/album/54/Mt._Samat_walk_2008-08-26_clear_sce...

Here are some sample images:

Staircase in the cross of the Shrine of Valor on Mt. Samat, Pilar, Bataan

Windows and seats in the cross arm of the Shrine of Valor on Mt. Samat, Pilar, Bataan

WWII Battle trails from the Hyper War internet pages. It is in high resolution.

The cross of the Shrine of Valor on Mt. Samat, Pilar, Bataan

The graphic layout of the Bataan Defense Battle on the Colonnade Wall at the Shrine of Valor on Mt. Samat, Pilar, Bataan. It is in high resolution.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print