Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PFC Philip H Spindel information (Read 2892 times)
solomed
YaBB Newbies

PFC Philip H Spindel information
Jul 16th, 2011, 2:35pm

I am looking for information about my uncle, PFC Philip H Spindel who was listed as being in the Philippine Scouts. He enlisted in May 1943 and was KIA in France 11/30/1944. I am trying to retrace his route from enlistment to his death where he awarded a Purple Heart. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

IP Logged
victor
YaBB Administrator

PA
Re: PFC Philip H Spindel information
Reply #1 - Jul 17th, 2011, 11:14am

There could be an error in records. If he enlisted in 1943, that would have been after the Philippine Scout units had been surrendered to the Japanese in 1942. If he fought in France and was killed in action in 1944, he wouldn't have been able to transfer to the Pacific theater and assigned to the reconsitituted PS units after the Philippines was liberated in 1945.

IP Logged
solomed
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - Jul 17th, 2011, 11:22am

Thanks for your help. I found out he was KIA on 11/30/44 in France. I guess the enrollment records regarding the Scouts was inaccurate.

IP Logged
pattj
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - Jul 17th, 2011, 4:04pm

Can you scan the relevant part of the records referring to the Scouts to me at pattj@cox.net?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print