Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
proof of us citizenship of my grandfather (Read 7148 times)
enrile
YaBB Newbies

proof of us citizenship of my grandfather
Jun 22nd, 2011, 11:42pm

We need big help in obtaining proof of us citizenship of my grandfather he was enlisted in Philippine Scout March 4, 1902 to March 3, 1905. a member of 27th company. We are in the process of applying derivative us  citizenship thru my grandfather. What kind of papers do we need ?  We all live a life knowingly that he was a us citizen and a us veteran with full benefits. But we are lacking any proof that indeed that he was a us citizen. Thank you very much in any help that you may lend.

IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: proof of us citizenship of my grandfather
Reply #1 - Jun 23rd, 2011, 7:51am

Department of Veterans Affairs
For information on the military records of veterans you may write or call the Veterans Administration ((800) 827-1000 in the U.S.) and ask for a VA Form SF 180 (Request Pertaining to Military Records).

You also may be able to get a copy of your relative's military records by writing to:

National Personnel Records Center
9700 Page Road
St. Louis, MO 63132-5100

State your relationship, and tell them if the veteran is deceased. Give them as much of the following as you can: full name, birth date, death date, branch of military service (Philippine Scouts are "Army"), service number, SSN, service entry date, date left service, rank, unit served with in Philippines. Ask them to send his complete "201" file, including qualifications, promotions, assignments and decorations. State briefly why you want the information. Give your address and telephone number. Allow about eight weeks for a reply.

For further information, go to the PSHS website at <www.philippine-scouts.org>; under "Veterans Affairs and Benefits".

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
enrile
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - Jun 23rd, 2011, 9:41pm

Sir i thank you for the assistance and information you gave to us, but according to my understanding the information you gave to us is only pertaining to all military records of my grandfather.According to my research sir, it was 1946 when United States gave independence to Philippines and from that time the Philippines became a sovereign country.It was the year 1947 to 1948 when the United States offered full us citizenship to all old Philippine scouts and many of them avail to that,and one of them is my grandfather as far as we know as he proclaim when he is still alive. My question sir is,, what kind of documents the US government gave to those old philippine scout who avail to that offer of full us citizenship that will documented their us citizenship.We dont have that documents except for some military records of my grandfather. And the US Immigration is asking us to show proof of US citizenship of my grandfather just because his military records is not enough to prove that he was a US citizen. Again sir thank you for your time consideration

IP Logged
Rainbow Trout  aka Sue

Joy comes in the
morning

Washington
Reply #3 - Nov 15th, 2011, 2:24pm

Hi - If you have not found the information you need, I can try to get it by genealogy. I will need as much information as you can provide. You can email this privately, or post back on the board.
Sue

Grandfather's full name

location and date of birth

location and date of death
Serial number
Soc Security number (I can locate this)
Date(s) of emigration from PI -or- immigration to the US - (either way your records are will work)

WWW emerald_trout@yahoo.com   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print