Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Og Milne,  Interned at Santo Tomas (Read 2105 times)
Carolyn in the Keys
YaBB Newbies

Og Milne,  Interned at Santo Tomas
Mar 19th, 2011, 2:43pm

My husband's great uncle, Ogilvie Grant Clark Milne, b. New York 1881, was a sugar estate manager near Manila. He was married to a Philippino  lady and he (though not she) was sent to Santo Tomas, exactly when I am not sure.  

Recently I completed a family history, and all I learned of Og's internment was a mention in one letter he sent to his New York family in the 1950s and his name on the list of Santo Tomas internees in the book Santo Tomas Internment Camp.  Does anybody know where I can find out more about what happened to him, how he made out?  According to his letter, he got food sent from his wife for a time, and then she went into hiding for fear of being interned and a coworker provided food.

Carolyn in the Keys

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print