Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Taps - Maj. Urbano Quijance (57th Infantry) (Read 6192 times)
victor
YaBB Administrator

PA
Taps - Maj. Urbano Quijance (57th Infantry)
Jan 23rd, 2011, 9:29am

Members of PSHS and National Officers,

Please read attached e-mail from Thelma Sevilla about the sudden death of Major Urbano Quijance. For those of you that did not remember him, he attended our 23rd National Reunion in Tacoma May ,2007. There's a picture of him and Col. John Olson who met for the first time after WWII in Bataan. Col. Olson and him served in the same PS unit during the war.

Major Quijance is a PSHS life member of the Tacoma Chapter and a friend of my father. Let us pray for his family.

Best regards,
Joe Calugas, Jr.

--------------------------------

Dear Friends,

It is with sadness that I share this news with you. I received a phone call from Norma Quijance Milluzzo this morning, Saturday, January 22, 2011.

Major (Ret.) Urbano Quijance, father, grand and greatfather, community leader and WWII survivor and warrior, passed away quietly in his sleep on Saturday, January 22, 2011, between 2:00 and 6:00 a.m. He was discovered by Fannie Sumaoang in their home in Seattle.

He has been transported to Bonney Watson Funeral Home (206) 322-0013. More details will be sent as they are shared by the family.

Please feel free to share with friends in the Washington State Community who may know Major Quijance.

Aloha
Thelma Sevilla

May, 2007 PSHS Reunion, Tacoma, WA (click for bigger)

IP Logged
Raleigh
YaBB Newbies

San Antonio, Texas
Re: Taps - Maj. Urbano Quijance (57th Infantry)
Reply #1 - Jan 24th, 2011, 2:25pm

My prayers and thoughts are with MAJ Quijance and his family.  I would like to think he rejoins some old friends again from the regiment, and amongst the brave scouts, along with my grandfather as well.
Anywhere, Anytime!

Regards,
Raleigh

WWW   IP Logged
victor
YaBB Administrator

PA
Re: Taps - Maj. Urbano Quijance (57th Infantry)
Reply #2 - Jan 24th, 2011, 10:41pm

He celebrated his 95th birthday last week too.

From his daughter:
--------------------
look out for the obituary in Seattle Times wednesday this thurs:  viewing 10am / vigil 7 pm at Bonney Watson on Broadway this Fri:  10 am service at St Edwards in Seattle/ following funeral/ following reception at filipino hall on MLK way

Thank you for condolences.

norma quijance milluzzo

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print