Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
91st Coast Artillery (Read 8212 times)
Chris_Schaefer
YaBB Administrator

Texas
91st Coast Artillery
Aug 23rd, 2010, 4:51pm

The following front/back pages are a duty roster of the 91st Coastal Artillery officers, dated April 30, 1941, donated by Dave Duhan.

duty_roster_91st_CA.jpg
WWW   IP Logged
Dave Duhan
YaBB Newbies

Saint Petersburg, Florida
Re: 91st Coast Artillery
Reply #1 - Aug 24th, 2010, 7:33am

I had made a mistake on the date of the roster. It was a photocopy I came across and where it was cut off on the upper right side looks like a 2 to me, which would make the date April 30, 1942. This document answered many questions for me in my research. Now, if I could find information about Major Joe C East, whom 1LT Roger W Swain was XO for.......
Dave Duhan

IP Logged
Ron
YaBB Newbies

San Jose, CA
Reply #2 - Aug 10th, 2011, 12:20pm

Hello Chris,

Do you have any information on the 92nd Coast Artillery Corps? My grandfather served with the PS 92nd CAC, Battery B during WWII. I'm doing research on him. His name and rank at that time was 1st Sergeant Francisco (Frank) Baja Bautista 6614023.

Many thanks for your assistance!
~Ron

WWW   IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Reply #3 - Aug 13th, 2011, 5:03am

Here are names of surviving 91st Coast Artillerymen.  Some of them might be located through the nearest PSHS chapters--i.e. Capt. Jose Calugas Sr. Chapter, Tacoma; Gen. John J. Pershing Chapter, Plano, TX; Monterey County Chapter, Seaside, CA.  (Contact info on PSHS website.)

91st Coast Artillery Reg. (PS)—6

Cpl. Florencio Bartolome, San Jose, CA (maybe 92nd CA)
CSMJ Ricardo Devilla, Lakewood, WA
SSgt. Juan Guzman, Seaside, CA
Frankie Ramirez, [Battery “A”], Killeen, TX
Hilario Sibala, [Battery "A"], El Paso, TX
LTG John M. Wright, Jr., Riverside, CA

And of the 92nd Coast Artillery Reg. (PS)—2

SSgt. Eduardo Abinsay, [Btry "A"], Pittsburg, CA
Simplicio Babao, Jr., [Btry “D”], Davao City, Philippines

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Ron
YaBB Newbies

San Jose, CA
Reply #4 - Aug 15th, 2011, 1:48pm

Thanks so much Chris for the info on the names of surviving 91st and 92nd CAC artillerymen. As per your suggestion, I'll try contacting them through some of the PSHS chapters.

~Ron

WWW   IP Logged
chadhill
YaBB Newbies

Reply #5 - May 25th, 2015, 8:11pm

One of the men who was buried along the south wall of the courtyard of the Saint Dominic Parish Church in Abucay (where Alexander Nininger was buried) was never identified, although he was found wearing an insignia with the motto "Verus Et Fidelis Semper", the motto of the 91st CA (PS).  As far as I can tell, the only 91st CA unit that served on Bataan was Battery C of the 2nd Battalion.

To the best of my knowledge, all of the men buried along this wall were KIA in January 1942. This man was thought to be an American. Does anyone have a list of casualty names from this time period for Battery C or any other 91st unit?

Chad Hill

« Last Edit: May 26th, 2015, 9:41am by chadhill »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print