Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Brig. Gen. William Edward Brougher (Read 5701 times)
mj215
YaBB Newbies

Brig. Gen. William Edward Brougher
Jul 06th, 2010, 3:46am

hello -  Gen. Brougher, commander of the 11th Division at Bataan, was my grandfather.  I am looking for information, stories, memories, and anything else that anyone might remember about him as a commander,
friend, the man he was, and information about his family living in the Philippines prior to the evacuation of dependents.  I am considering writing a book about my granddaddy - both before the war, during and after.  I have his diary, The Long Dark Road, Baggy Pants and Other Stories, my own memories, family stories, and am "friends" with the archivist at MSU (where he went to college) having donated original documents to the archives.  I know of his participation in and survival of the Death March and subsequent imprisonment.  I'd  like to get any information about him from anyone serving with him at Bataan and at the Mukden POW camp.  Thanking you in advance,
sincerely - Morgan Joy O'Cailleigh, Albuquerque, NM.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print