Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My Great Grandfather (Read 4243 times)
Andre Santillana
YaBB Newbies

My Great Grandfather
Feb 26th, 2010, 12:41am

I am trying trying to get as much information about my Great Grandfather, Juan Santillana and his unit. His details are as follows: SANTILLANA, JUAN  314822  ARMY,  SGT,  808th Military Police Company. He is among the Rolls of he Missing in the American Cemetery, Manila, Philippines. His date of death is 06/26/1942. He was at Ft. Stotsenberg, Pampanga, Philippines, when WW II broke out.

His son was also, for a time, a member of the Philippine Scouts. His name was Dionisio Santillana (1900-1968). So was his son-in-law, Andres Cabrido, (Captain, US Army, retired) who died in 1951.

I would appreciate it if somepone can hlep me out with information about my forebears.

IP Logged
DanP
YaBB Newbies

Re: My Great Grandfather
Reply #1 - Jun 30th, 2010, 9:04am

You should try and fill out this form http://www.archives.gov/st-louis/military-personnel/standard-form-180.html
Since you're related, you can get all personal files and records on your great grandfather incl. medical reports, which can be hard to get without being related to the soldier or having permission of the family. It can take up to a few months to get your wanted papers, depending on how much they can dig up and it's 100% free of charge!

IP Logged
Rainbow Trout  aka Sue

Joy comes in the
morning

Washington
Reply #2 - Jan 21st, 2011, 6:34am

Name:      Juan Santillana
Birthyear:      abt 1880
Birthplace:      Philippines
Enlistment Age:      27 7/12
Enlistment Age:      30 4/12
Religion:      No Record      
Disposition: Nonrecoverable      
Service Branch: Army
Service Number:      314822

Sorry, I did not find much on your great grandfather

WWW emerald_trout@yahoo.com   IP Logged
Andre Santillana
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - May 26th, 2014, 9:11pm

Thank you very much. This is very important and I am grateful.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print