Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
TSgt. Isaias Badoy (Phlippine Scout) (Read 4965 times)
isaias
YaBB Newbies

TSgt. Isaias Badoy (Phlippine Scout)
Jan 10th, 2010, 5:39am

Greetings to everyone,

I would like to inquire if anybody knows my grandfather who fought at WW2. His name Is Tsgt. Isaias Badoy. My brothers and sisters were born and grew up without seeing any pictures of him, only the medals that he received from the US goverment acknowledging his actions set a reminder that our grandfather was a member of the Philippine Scout regiment based here at Fort Stotsemberg (CLARK AIR BASE).

My father was only 2 years old when the war broke out thats why he has little recollection of his father. One thing we were told about that our grandpa was a gunnery Sgt. and he survived the BATAAN DEATH MARCH but was not able to live long in Camp O'donnell in Tarlac due to sickness.

We will be greatfull if anyone can give us any information pertaining to the identity of our grandpa. My father is in his late 70's and he is the only living sibling among them. I hope that with this Society we can have some more memories of our grandfather.

I thank everyone who formed this website becuase I believe that you guyz are truly helping many people. Thank you again and GOD BLESS.. Smiley

IP Logged
ord510

AZ
Re: TSgt. Isaias Badoy (Phlippine Scout)
Reply #1 - Jan 10th, 2010, 12:14pm

From what records I could get off the  Internet your grandfather enlisted 22 Aug 1940.  He was born in 1884.  He was a Sgt in the Field Artillery, listed as Missing In Action and Dying.  The date of both is 27 Aug 1942.  It lists his unit as 36th Field Artillery Battalion.Philippine Scouts.  I couldn't find any listings for the 36th FA Battalion, but there iwas a  26th FA Battalion (PS).  It was part of the Philippine Division and was beomg formed.

Regards,

Tom McGeeney

Tom
  IP Logged
isaias
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - Jan 11th, 2010, 8:45pm

Mr.McGeeney,

Sir, In behalf of our family We thank you very much for giving part of your time in looking for some information pertaining any information of our granfather. I Know that my late grandmother has a citation certificate that the US govement gave her when she received the decorations for my grandpa, and what I know is the said citation was signed by a late US presidnet. I will try to look for the said citation so I can give you more idea regarding our grandpa.

It will be a great thing for us all if we can able to obtain any pictures of my grandpa or his unit. Again, we are really  greratfull for your reply and help...

Hope to hear more from you sir...

Regards,
Badoy Family

IP Logged
isaias
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - Apr 1st, 2010, 11:27pm

Mr. Mc. Geeney,

Greetings!... I just want to inquire if you have any information about 24th field artillery (88th Bat. Battery D or C)?  

Thank you very much in advance....

Badoy Family  Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print