Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Perpetuo L. Baldaray (Read 4109 times)
baldaray
YaBB Newbies

Perpetuo L. Baldaray
Jan 06th, 2010, 1:07pm

Does anyone know of my father Perpetuo L. Baldaray?  He served with the Philippine Scouts, 86th Field Artillery.  He joined the U.S. Army immediately after the war.  He now resides in Southern California.  If anyone has any information, PLEASE contact me.  

He does not talk much about the war.  I am his oldest son and I would like to get more information.  Thank you.

IP Logged
ord510

AZ
Re: Perpetuo L. Baldaray
Reply #1 - Jan 8th, 2010, 3:57pm

YaBB Newbies,

I got a POW Record, , and an Enlistment Record (for 20 Feb 1942) for Perpetou L Baldaray, note the 1lslt name spelling at the end, ou not uo. In one of my books I got some information on the 86th Field Artillery.  They had mostly 155 s, but I ran across an entry where they had some 75s mounted on half tracks.  

They were composed of 12 officers and 376 Scouts for a total of 388 men.  Batteries B & C were with  the Northern Luzon forces and HQ & HQ Battery and Batltery A were with the South Luzon Forces.

Here is the dispositon, 2 each 155s at San Fabian.  2 each 155s at Dagupan, they  shot up the Japs tlrying to land at Lingayun.

So Luzon had 2 Batteries with 6 each 155s  General Parker had the 86th Field Artillery with 12each 155s.  155s were placed in the vicinity of Limay.  Sorry no dlates, but that was all that I got.

Regards,

Tom McGeeney

Tom
  IP Logged
baldaray
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - Jan 8th, 2010, 4:46pm

Thank you, Mr. McGeeny.  Unfortunately my father Perpetuo (correct spelling)L. Baldaray passed away on December 21, 2009.  He did not speak too much about the war until his later years, especially about being a POW and the "Bataan Death March".  So, any information would be very valuable.  

He was very sick before he passed and I was not clear about his POW status, although I let the VA know.  Do you know of any benefits he may have coming to him?  

Thank you for your response.

IP Logged
ord510

AZ
Reply #3 - Jan 9th, 2010, 2:53pm

I made a mistake, his enlistment was in 1941, and the name the government has is the way I spelled it which might help you in trying to get some information.  Writing to the Records center at St Louis is one way.  And looking iover the papers he had might help.

I was at the last re union of Scouts (held in Long Beach, my home town) and I met Lt Col Edwin Ramsey and his charming wife.  I had read his book and we both have a mutual friend.  Of course Col Ramsey was in the 26th Cav but he might be familiar with oather members of the 86th Field Artillery.  Not too lmany Scouts are left.  Col Olson wlanted to make it but didn't.  I know Col Ramsey has a web site and Col Olson used to.  You might check those two out for more information.  Lt Col Edwin Ramsey and Col John Olson.

Regards,

Tom McGeeney

Tom
  IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Reply #4 - Jan 19th, 2010, 1:19pm

The following are surviving members of the 86th Field Artillery (PS)

86th Field Artillery (PS)4

Zosimo Guiang, San Francisco, CA
Eugenio Mislang, Sr. [HQ], Mangatarem Pangasinan RP
SFC Edilberto Vergara, San Francisco, CA
Theodore Villasor, Sr., Burbank, CA

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print