Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Requesting  info on Armored Bn / COs (Read 5286 times)
WB
YaBB Newbies

Requesting  info on Armored Bn / COs
Dec 19th, 2009, 11:48am

[font=Courier][/font][size=12][/size]                                                                                        Requesting  information on Armored Bn / Co  from Ohio prior to    surrender.   I think the armored folks wore a seperate shoulder patch representing the different battalions.  What did they look like?  Did some drill time at the 213th  Ord Maint Co. at Camp Perry, Ohio.  They claim lineage to some armored unit sent to PI  prior to Pearl Harbor.  Eagerly interested in any relative subject matter.  Regards,   WB Huh Huh                                

IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: Requesting  info on Armored Bn / COs
Reply #1 - Dec 20th, 2009, 7:11pm

There were the 192nd and 194th Tank Battalions in the Philippines, but none included Philippine Scouts.

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
victor
YaBB Administrator

PA
Reply #2 - Dec 20th, 2009, 10:20pm

I believe Company C, 192nd Tank Battalion is the unit you're referring to. They were originally from Port Clinton, OH.

More info here:
http://bataan.cerbus.net/history.htm

IP Logged
WB
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - Dec 21st, 2009, 9:02pm

Victor,  Thanks for the info on the 192 Tank Bn.  The Ohio National Guard Armory at Camp Perry is just a few miles from Port Clinton ~~ both located on the shores of Lake Erie.  The inside walls of the armory drill hall is lined with glass cases filled with artifacts, photos, weapons, memorabilia,(Japaneese stuff also)  etc. relating to the defense of the PI and consequences.  Since 9-11 security has tightened somewhat , but if you get a chance the armory display is worth seeing.  Thanks again.  Regards,  WB

IP Logged
victor
YaBB Administrator

PA
Reply #4 - Dec 21st, 2009, 11:37pm

Someday... one day.  It might turn out to be a bit more expensive trip as I might come back with a CMP garand if I go there Cheesy

« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2009, 8:16am by victor »  
  IP Logged
Robersabel
YaBB Newbies

Arizona
Reply #5 - May 5th, 2010, 1:46pm

"They never lost their faith, though, that America would come to their rescue, nor did they lose their faith in themselves and in God. As Americans, we owe them a debt of gratitude for our lives. For this very reason, they must be recognized and remembered in the annals of history, and also memorialized so no one forgets the sacrifices they gave for their country-The United States of America."

"They must be recognized...the scarifices they gave"

Members of the 192nd had no choice but to fight the enemy as infantrymen before taken prisoner of killed in action.

It was common to be awarded the Combat Infantryman Badge (CIB)upon repatriation.

Time has caused the Army Awads Branch to ignore or refuse to follow the guideline that warranted the CIB to former members of the 192nd.  Today, the Army refuses to award the CIB to any member of the unit regardless of recipients that fought along side.

Robert

IP Logged
antonio
YaBB Newbies

Reply #6 - May 31st, 2010, 10:03pm

hi.. do you know how to serch for medical records in the army hospitals? because my father was a veteran and i have to get his medical records.... the year was 1942 to 1954..is there any website that will help me to find his records.. Embarrassed

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print