Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PS tombstones in Corregidor (Read 3027 times)
victor
YaBB Administrator

PA
PS tombstones in Corregidor
Dec 01st, 2009, 5:11pm

Friends from the Corregidor forum who explore the island as a regular pastime have rediscovered some old PS tombstones.

Discussions and pictures here:
http://corregidor.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=threads&action=display&thread=57...

Tombstones with these inscriptions found:

FRANCISCO
BAUTISTA
1ST SGT
91 COAST ART
MARCH 20, 1931

JULIAN
GONZALES
PVT, 91 COAST ART
DECEMBER 31, 1929

MARCELINO
MONTALBO
CORP, 91 COAST ART
FEBRUARY 27, 1930

IP Logged
ord510

AZ
Re: PS tombstones in Corregidor
Reply #1 - Dec 2nd, 2009, 1:22pm

Victor,

Those headstones must be part of the Ft Mills cemetery.  I looked up all 3 in Ancestry.com and Marcelino Montalbo was buried in the Ft Mills cemetery on 3 March 1930.  I couldn't find a burial listing on the other two.    I think someone should investigate this to find where the bodies are.  Or maybe someone knows about this.  During WW II maybe sometlhing happened to these three and their original burial place.  But Marcedlno has a burial place in Ft Mills cemetery, it is Section West, Site 43.  Couldn't find the other two, but if there are records they should be searched.

Regards,

Tom McGeeney

Tom
  IP Logged
ord510

AZ
Reply #2 - Dec 2nd, 2009, 7:11pm

More Information on the tombstones.  I found burial records for the other two.  All members of the 91st Coast Artillery, PS.  1st Sgt Bautista and Cpl Montalbo were in Battery E, Pvt Gonzales was in Battery B.  Wasn't Battery E stationed on Ft Drum?  I didn't find a location for 1st Sgt Bautista but Cpl Montalbo and Pvt Gonzales were in the West section.  Pvt Gonzales site 34, Cpl Montalbo site 43.  Maybe someone else has some more information on where the bodies are.  A check of the cemetery might turn them up with new tombstones.

Regards,

Tom McGeeney

Tom
  IP Logged
victor
YaBB Administrator

PA
Reply #3 - Dec 6th, 2009, 7:49am

Thanks Tom. I wonder if one day a relation of theirs will stumble upon this info in this forum. -victor

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print