Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Unit Information 23 Infantry. (Read 4249 times)
normjil
YaBB Newbies

Unit Information 23 Infantry.
Sep 07th, 2009, 9:21pm

Were there Philippine Scouts in the 23 infantry at Batan. My Grandfather was with M Co. 3rd BN of the 23 Infantry.( 23rd something I think) I had posted under TOPIC "Scouts" I am searching for any info about his status as a Philipine scout.  My grandmother got US survivor pension in US dollars soon after the war. NOT Philippine Govt pention.I can be contacted at normjil@hotmail.com God Bless...

IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: Unit Information 23 Infantry.
Reply #1 - Sep 8th, 2009, 11:07am

I've found no 23rd Infantry in either the U.S. or Philippine Army units fighting on Bataan.  There was a 23rd Field Artillery (PS) regiment.  

Information on contacting the Veterans Administration is available on our PSHS website.  Although some WWII records are incomplete due to a warehouse fire several decades ago, the VA might be able to assist you in your search.

Good luck with your search.

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
normjil
YaBB Newbies

Re: Unit Information 23 Infantry.
Reply #2 - Sep 8th, 2009, 11:36am

Sir was there  an M Company 3rd BN in the 23 Field Artillery regiment PS. Thanks for you reply. Maybe I misunderstood My Grandmother on the infantry part. He died at Batan and her US Dollar pention right after the war made me wonder if he was a Scout or not. Thanks a Million!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print