Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Searching For Info. On Alejandro Rimando (Read 3177 times)
surfingoofy
YaBB Newbies

Maryland
Searching For Info. On Alejandro Rimando
Jul 05th, 2009, 1:17pm

I am just checking to see if any of the new members may of known my LoLo or have any information on him, our family knows nothing about him, other then the fact that he was a Death March Survivor, and he died in a POW camp in Tarlac.  If anyone knows anything about him, please contact  me.  I am very proud to be the Grandson of two Death March Survivors and POWs, my mother's Frather was a member of the 7th Chemical Warefare, and a POW for 1290 days, before being liberated.  Thank you for your time and help.

Jon Rimando

Srfgoofy   IP Logged
Rainbow Trout  aka Sue

Joy comes in the
morning

Washington
Re: Searching For Info. On Alejandro Rimando
Reply #1 - Oct 8th, 2009, 12:30am

Hi Jon,

My apologies that you have had such a long wait for help.

Alejandro Rimando was a US Citizen, born  11 March 1909, at Naguilian, La Union, Philippines.  
June 22, 1929, he departed Manila, Philippine Islands, on the President Madison. The ship arrived July 15, 1929, at the Port of Seattle, Washington. The mail address for Alejandro Rimando, while in Seattle, was 
Filipino Club,
Seattle, WA.

The Filipino Community Center in Seattle is a busy place and there may be a few elders who remember your Lolo as a young man.

The Filipino Community Center
5740 Martin Luther King Jr Way
Seattle, WA 98118-2622
(206) 722-9372

Alejandro Rimando was a POW casualty.

Sue

Tom McG. sends this new information below:

« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2009, 11:51am by Rainbow Trout  aka Sue »  
WWW emerald_trout@yahoo.com   IP Logged
ord510

AZ
Reply #2 - Oct 10th, 2009, 12:37pm

Jon,

Here's what I found.  Mainly Passenger Lists for the Rimando family traveling to the US.  On these list are others from the same town.  Maybe their names will bring back memories for you.  I have trouble sending many attachments so I will have to make several sendings to get all these Passenger lists to you.  I put your uncle's name on the search engine, but I also added he lived in PI.  I think that is why I got those Passenger lists.

Regasrds,

Thomas McGeeney

Tom
  IP Logged
ord510

AZ
Reply #3 - Oct 10th, 2009, 11:10pm

Jon,

I couldn't attach the Passenger Lists so if you could contact me at my email address, which I will give, I can replay with an email that I can attach to.  My email address is:

ord510@q.com

Regards,

Tom

Tom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print