Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Felix Feliciano - a Philippine Scout ? (Read 4867 times)
Rainbow Trout  aka Sue

Joy comes in the
morning

Washington
Felix Feliciano - a Philippine Scout ?
Mar 24th, 2009, 10:29am

Hi ALL,

I am searching for Felix Feliciano and I suspect he was a Philippine Scout. He was captured on Bata'an and managed to escape. He became a guerrilla. When MacArthur sent the Flying Column to Manila, he was of tremendous service to the 44th Tank Bn.

Is/was Felix Feliciano a Philippine Scout?
Was his home at San Fabian? - the little out of the way San Fabian in the direction of Dagupan from Manila, not the "big" town of San Fabian.

WWW emerald_trout@yahoo.com   IP Logged
ord510

AZ
Re: Felix Feliciano - a Philippine Scout ?
Reply #1 - Mar 24th, 2009, 2:49pm

Sue,

Isn't Felix Feliciano, the "Philippine Scout of San Fabian" that you wrote about last Sep 4, 2008?  That was where I wrote my congressman for more information on those MAGs operating on Luzon.  I got the information, mainly I wrote wanting film coverage of strafing operations.

I got lots of Puerto Rican Felix Felicianos, but no Filipinos.  3 or 4 are living in California.

Regards,

Tom

Tom
  IP Logged
Rainbow Trout  aka Sue

Joy comes in the
morning

Washington
Reply #2 - Apr 11th, 2009, 4:24am

HI Tom and ALL,
I am stuck. I  have no idea if Felix Feliciano  is /was a Philippine Scout
I do not know IF he is my unknown Scout from the small out of the way village of San Fabian. I hope ........

I do not yet know if my Marine recognizes the name, Felix Feliciano. I hope .....

Plus, I need help to find  information on Felix Feliciano. I am like you, I keep coming up empty handed.  I hope .....

my best to ALL, Sue

ord510

AZ
Reply #3 - Aug 23rd, 2009, 9:39am

Sue,

You probably already have this information, but I had to pass it along any way.  I got a record from WW II Army Enlistment records, covering the period 1938-1946.  It might be your Felix Feliciano of San Fabian.

F. Feliciano Duena
Montana, Limited Service or
Philippine Islands
Billings, Montana
8-21-1946
Philippine Scout
Filipino, not yet a US Citizen
Skilled occupation in manufacture of electrical machinery
Single, without dependents
Philippine Scout.

This is the way they enlisted members for the new PS after WW II, but many of the PS that fought during the war, enlisted this way for careers in the Army.  Or just served one enlistment and that was all.

Regards,

Tom [img][/img]

Tom
  IP Logged
Rainbow Trout  aka Sue

Joy comes in the
morning

Washington
Reply #4 - Aug 29th, 2009, 4:24am

Nope, this is something I did not have. Thank you very much Tom. I will try to get on it this weekend. Sue

Sept 16th  no luck yet - I will phone Phil in N.H.

« Last Edit: Sep 16th, 2009, 12:56pm by Rainbow Trout  aka Sue »  
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print