Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Four Philippine Scouts - any Info? (Read 3551 times)
OlsenPC
YaBB Newbies

Four Philippine Scouts - any Info?
Mar 07th, 2009, 1:22pm

HI.  I am looking for any information on four Phillipine Scouts that went missing "MIA following the surrender May 7, 1942" from Corregidor.  They were with a Lt. Col Olsen, and I have no information on their demise.  Any help or relatives out there??  Thanks!  Peter Olsen

Laradan, Filotee Y.  Pvt.  #10 302 466
Pardinas, Restitute Pvt. Phil. Scouts, #6 611 609
Samson, Salvador, Pvt. 57th Regt. Phil. Scouts  #10 301 316
Sara, Manual G. Pvt. 24th F.A. Regt. Phil. Scouts, #10 306 267

petrao57   IP Logged
ord510

AZ
Re: Four Philippine Scouts - any Info?
Reply #1 - Mar 7th, 2009, 2:22pm

Peter,

I gave it a shot but couldn't get any of the named Scouts.  Family names yes, 2 were seamen who worked on ships sailing the Pacific.  One name only had Mexican origins.  Hope some friends or relatives look at the message board and can help us out.

Regards,

Tom

Tom
  IP Logged
OlsenPC
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - Mar 15th, 2009, 5:01pm

Thanks Tom:  I appreciate your effort.  Wasn't Col. Olsen in the 57th?  I have not had any success in contacting him by e-mail in over 2 years however.

Peter

petrao57   IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Reply #3 - Mar 16th, 2009, 12:36pm

Col. Olson was in the 57th and has written a book on its history.  The book, now out of print, is entitled Anywhere--Anytime:  The history of the 57th Infantry (PS).  I will send you his telephone number privately.  

Newsletter Editor

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
OlsenPC
YaBB Newbies

Reply #4 - Mar 16th, 2009, 2:31pm

Thank you, yes, I got the e-mail.  Funny, even I get the two spellings mixed up!  Imagine how it was on Bataan in March 1942....... Sad

Peter Olsen

petrao57   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print