Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Jose V Dizon - 12th Quartermaster (Read 10921 times)
Tikboy
YaBB Newbies

Chino Hills, CA 91709
Jose V Dizon - 12th Quartermaster
Feb 27th, 2009, 7:07pm

Seeking for info regarding my father, Jose V Dizon, who worked with 12th Quartermaster as a guy who fill-up military vehicles during the war in Tarlac, Philippines. My mother told me that his CO is a certain Col Lawrence (not sure). My father became a POW, incarcerated in Mariveles, Bataan and eventually escaped, finding their way thru the different towns of Bataan and Pampanga, till they got home in Mabalacat, Pampanga in 1942.
He joined the outfit in Dec 1941 in Tarlac together with Rafael Tuazon.
My mother, Amalia, who is a guerilla courier during the war, would tell her exploits, where Japanese Kamikaze pilots attend their ceremonial rites prior to their mission. Their temple being located in Mabalacat, Pampanga, in my hometown, make a single file and parked their boots in the order they enter the shrine and exit the same order so that they can just slip their feet and run to accomplish their mission.
My mother and others would sneak and dis-arrange their boots, delaying their mission so bad that they miss their moving targets.
You can contact me at "tikboydiz@yahoo.com"

Tikboy edgar.c.dizon tikboydiz tikboydiz   IP Logged
ord510

AZ
Re: Jose V Dizon - 12th Quartermaster
Reply #1 - Feb 27th, 2009, 10:24pm

Tikboy,

Did some searching with your names and here is what I got. The CO was Col Charles S. Lawrence, Quartermaster and his assigned unit was Luzon, so we got him.  Next I got 2 Jose Dizons.  a Jose G. and a Jose V.  Yours is a Jose V, but probably not this Jose V, as he is from Hawaii and has an enlistment date of 2 May 1942.  I have his Veteran's Gravesite Record and he has a birth date of 26 Nov 1904.

Now, Jose G. enlisted 24 Jul 1941, is in the Finance Dept, and is in the Philippines.

Rafael Tuazon is civilian, I only have a death record with a name nothing else.

I got several Passenger Lists for sailings on ships. 1921, 1955, 1926, 1952, and several more.

Without a birth date it is hard to eliminate any.

Regards,

Tom McGeeney

Tom
  IP Logged
Tikboy
YaBB Newbies

Chino Hills, CA 91709
Reply #2 - Feb 28th, 2009, 12:28am

This is wonderful. My father's birth date is Aug 10, 1921. Born in Mabalacat, Pampanga, Phil. I believe he was a civilian too, like Rafael Tuazon.
My mother will be surprised to learn about this new data.
Is there a difference if he joined the outfit as a civilian or as an enlisted man in terms of service during the war?

[smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=tekst-toppie.gif] [

Tikboy
YaBB Newbies

Chino Hills, CA 91709
Reply #3 - Feb 28th, 2009, 1:01am

I was kind taken aback by your reply. My father, Jose V Dizon, did work at the Accounting and Finance Office in Clark Air Base from 1948 thru 1964. He is now deceased, since Mar 1970.
I was with Citibank at Clark AB from 1964 thru 1977 and presently residing in Chino Hills, CA 91709 since 1988.
Your website is so wonderful, filling the blanks of lives lost during the war. If I can contribute in some way to your efforts, pls let me know.
I'm in the Philippines right now and will be returning to California on Mar 5. If there's a phone I can contact you, will be appreciated.
Mine is 909-606-5228. [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Reply #4 - Feb 28th, 2009, 6:51am

Thank you for asking about helping out.

We do appreciate donations to help underwrite our newsletter and our website, both of which operate at a loss. A two-year subscription to the newsletter may be obtained by non-members for $10 ($14 for overseas) or $4 for the electronic version. A three year subscription is $14 ($18 overseas) or $6 for the electronic version. Donation and subscription checks should be made out to the "PSHS" and mailed to our National President listed below:

Sen. John A. Patterson
721 N. Quidnesset Rd.
N. Kingston, RI 02852

Members receive the twice yearly newsletter as part of their membership dues.  An application for membership is available through our main website at www.philippine-scouts.org.

We also are searching for names and contact information on surviving Philippine Scouts.  Our current list of 107 is located in this subject area of the message board.

Newsletter Editor

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Tikboy
YaBB Newbies

Chino Hills, CA 91709
Reply #5 - Feb 28th, 2009, 7:12am

Do you have a secured payment method for visa or mc?

Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Reply #6 - Feb 28th, 2009, 8:40am

We accept checks or money orders, but do not have a credit card capacity.

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
ord510

AZ
Reply #7 - Feb 28th, 2009, 10:16am

Tikboy,

Got your messages and will see if birth dates help out.  We can eliminate the Jose with a Birthdate of 1904.

My phone number is (619) 207-4823, and I live in Chula Vista, CA.

Regards,

Tom

Tom
  IP Logged
Tikboy
YaBB Newbies

Chino Hills, CA 91709
Reply #8 - Feb 28th, 2009, 10:35am

I will send a check to the address you listed when I get back to LA from the Phil. on Mar 5.
Again, thanks for your help.

Tikboy
YaBB Newbies

Chino Hills, CA 91709
Reply #9 - Mar 2nd, 2009, 7:11am

Correction on my previous reply in re: Date of service at the Accounting and Finance office in Clark AB 1946 thru 1963.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print