Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
LaMoyne Bleich & the 2nd Prov FA (Read 4480 times)
Shane_B.
YaBB Newbies

LaMoyne Bleich & the 2nd Prov FA
Feb 23rd, 2009, 9:09pm

I am searching for the journal written by Army doctor Capt. LaMoyne Bleich, who was a roommate of my great uncle, Capt. Ted Kern, when they served at the hospital at Fort Stotsenberg. Both were also assigned to the 2nd Provisional FA (PS) in early 1942. If you have any related suggestions for where I may be able to obtain a copy of this elusive document, it would be greatly appreciated.

IP Logged
OlsenPC
YaBB Newbies

Re: LaMoyne Bleich & the 2nd Prov FA
Reply #1 - Apr 11th, 2009, 5:00pm

Was the 2nd Provisional FA (PS) the same unit as the 2nd Regular Division PA, commanded by General Gueirrmo Francisco, and composed of the 1st, 2nd, and 4th Philippine Constabulary regiments?  My Great Uncle was posted as adviser to this group in January 1942.

petrao57   IP Logged
Shane_B.
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - Apr 12th, 2009, 9:31am

I don't believe so. According to "The Fall of the Philippines," artillery support for the South Luzon Force was provided in part by three batteries of 75-mm guns organized into the 2nd Provisional Group. I am by no means a student of these matters, but don't believe they are related. Perhaps someone else can clarify?

IP Logged
kathyr
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - Jun 10th, 2010, 2:57pm

If you are still looking for this document, please let me know.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print