Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Looking for First hand accounts (Read 3223 times)
Kat Argonza
YaBB Newbies

Looking for First hand accounts
Jan 05th, 2009, 10:32pm

Hi! I'm a Filipino-American writer, and I am interested in first hand accounts from WWII. I have scoured the internet and would like to find out even more so I can preserve and publish these accounts.

I am currently writing two books, one historical fiction, one non-fiction. If anyone could help, or wouldn't mind sharing their stories, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Kathleen Argonza

IP Logged
Chris_Schaefer
YaBB Administrator

Texas
Re: Looking for First hand accounts
Reply #1 - Jan 23rd, 2009, 2:50pm

Kathleen, please post your e-mail address so material can be forwarded to you.
Thanks, Chris Schaefer.

WWW   IP Logged
OlsenPC
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - Feb 19th, 2009, 11:06pm

Kathleen:  I have a series of 6 letters written during the siege of Bataan by my Great Uncle, Lt COl. Alex G. Olsen.  I would be happy to let you have copies of them.  Interestingly it was your famous Phillipine Commodore Alcaraz of the Navy who used his PT-boat to 'sneak' these letters out of Bataan in the dead of nite during the attacks.  They were both brave men.  My G Uncle never was found and nothing is known of his end....MIA from Corregidor, last posting 2nd Phil. Constabulary advisor.

petrao57   IP Logged
Kat Argonza
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - Apr 11th, 2009, 7:14pm

Hey!

My email is Katargonza@gmail.com. Please forward all things there.

IP Logged
Raleigh
YaBB Newbies

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #4 - Apr 20th, 2009, 10:52am

Kathleen,
   This is a link to the Combined Arms Research Library at Ft. Leavenworth: http://cgsc.leavenworth.army.mil/carl/resources/archival/lilly/ejlinv.asp  
If you look at J.3 you will find diary notations and J.19 are some recollections during the actual conflict as fought from a Bataan perspective written by COL Edmund J. Lilly, who commanded the 57th IN REG (PS).  There is much more, sadly, the CARL has not transcribed more that would probably be of help to you.  There are some interesting observations in the prison camp diaries about the fighting, but you will have to scroll thru them, unless there is something specific you are looking for.  Good Luck!

Raleigh

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print