Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
12th Medical Regiment ( PS ) (Read 3916 times)
indiosbravos
YaBB Newbies

England
12th Medical Regiment ( PS )
Sep 06th, 2008, 5:06pm

Hello I'm trying to put up a Medic Impression for PTO with focus on the Philippine Island. (Bataan/Corregidor)

I'm wondering what gear they have used since most of the US army there at the start of the War was still equipped with WW1 webbings and uniforms (not to mentioned uniforms adapted to tropic region). The webbing and uniforms that we're familiar with in ETO never existed at the start of the War. (in PTO at least).

At the moment my impression was Philippine Scout Infantry Division, my aim was to put up a 12th Medical Regiment (Philippine Scouts) - Philippine Division

Thank you. Any help and corrections will be highly appreciated.

Non Omnis Moriar...RPJ
  IP Logged
Manang Cam
YaBB Newbies

Re: 12th Medical Regiment ( PS )
Reply #1 - Aug 26th, 2012, 9:53pm

Hi, I just recently joined the board, and I'm also in doing a 12th Med Rgt/Bn Impression.  So  this answer to your question is around 4 years old.
Anyway, from what I've been reading, the equipment would have been 'Khaki" uniforms for all of the PS, its the one seen in the movie "Tora, Tora, Tora", helmets are the old stle Brodie/Kelly WWI Doughboy tin hats.
Basic pistol belt w/suspenders, no glorious Medical pouch (post 1941), an M-1 or a Lee Enfield Rifle (?).  McArthur had requisitioned around 20,000 M1's but the request was denied.

So the impression would be very basic.  No need to buy a lot of field gear, since we're talking about a Pacific country with perpetual 8-100 degree weather....

Cam

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print