Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Info on my Grandfather Pedro Arceo (Read 2097 times)
Arceo
YaBB Newbies

Info on my Grandfather Pedro Arceo
Aug 13th, 2008, 8:21am

I am in search of some information about my Grandfather who's name is Pedro Arceo, who was married to Gracing Chavez. They had 3 sons (Rey, Rene and Bobby). My Grandfather was born and raised in the Philippines and served in WWII. Unfortunately, I do not have any info to provide for my quest since my Grandfather passed away of sickness shortly after retuning from the war. My Grandmother had passed away also when I was a small child. I know it's not much information, I'm hoping that someone will see the name and maybe recognize it. I look forward to any response and if there is more information that is need from my end, please relay what is needed and I will try to do my best. Thank you.

IP Logged
ord510

AZ
Re: Info on my Grandfather Pedro Arceo
Reply #1 - Aug 13th, 2008, 2:58pm

Mike,

Noticed this awhile back but only got a name and death date, and it might not be your grandfather.  As the death date is 1967 in Imperial County in California.  In 1923 Pedro Arceo was on a ship from Hawaii to San Francisco.  Date of birth is 1903 and place of birth is Occ Negres, Philippines.  He arrives in San Francisco May 30, 1923.

On the California death record Pedro's birth date is March 14, 1903 in the Philippines.  Also his mother's maiden name is Seantong and I couldn't get the name of Seantong to have anyone in California so with no first name I didn't look.

In 1894 an F. Arceo arrived in Australia and an Jose H. Arceo died in Connecticut on Jan 1, 1990.  He was born in March 30, 1930.  Might be a relative.

That is all there was, sorry no war records.  I get all that the US Government has from Ancestry.com.  They used to give 1st time users 3 or 4 weeks free use to see if they liked it.  If you have access to a computer you might try it out and see what you can get.  Knowing the family more than I you might recognize a name or two.

Regards,

Thomas McGeeney

Tom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print