Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SSGT. Ricardo Dizon Villanueva (Read 2260 times)
Chris_Schaefer
YaBB Administrator

Texas
SSGT. Ricardo Dizon Villanueva
Jun 04th, 2008, 9:51pm

I was reading a website on my late father's former regiment - 26th Cavalry Regiment around 1941.  My father, SSGT. Ricardo Dizon Villanueva was initially assigned to the 23rd Field Artillery at Fort Stotsenburg and then, from what I was told, re-assigned to the 26th Cavalry.  

My father passed away in 2004 from natural causes.  He never spoke of his military record.  From what I can gather he was a clerk for the Field Artillery and then the Cavalry.  I'm probably reaching for the stars here, but I'm interested in learning anything I can about my late father's military history.

Sincerely,

Efren M. Villanueva

WWW   IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: SSGT. Ricardo Dizon Villanueva
Reply #1 - Jun 5th, 2008, 7:09am

I have a roster from sometime during or immediately following the war.  The only listing it shows that is close is PVT. Luis A Villanueva (6738357 Cav), who appears to have been captured by the Japanese (probably at the surrender of USAFFE troops on Bataan).  No other details are given.

Newsletter Editor

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print