Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Gaspar C. Dowling, 43rd Inf. (PS) (Read 2033 times)
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Gaspar C. Dowling, 43rd Inf. (PS)
Apr 25th, 2008, 10:37am

Dear co-Fil-Am WW2 PS veteran,

I subscribe to the American Legion Magazine and noticed your ad of which I am very much interested to find out about my former PS outfit.

For your information, I've been associated with the old 43rd Infantry Philippine Scouts stationed at Camp John Hay in Baguio City, Mountain Province before and during the Japanese invasion. Finally, I was inducted by Colonel John P. Horan, CO of the 43rd Infantry (PS) AUS on March 1st, 1942. And had fought the war alongside his troopers during the invasion, occupation and American liberation 1942-1946. Then, in Sept 1946, I enlisted in the new Philippine Scouts (44th Infantry) and was deployed to Okinawa as occupation  forces in 1947-1949.

When I came to the States in 1954, I met my former platoon leader Lt. (then Sgt) Domingo Dagdagan [Dagan] (PS), and also Lawrence Mangangey (PS) in Los Angeles but I learned that they passed Away. I'm 83 years old (June 1925 B-day) and I'm sure most of my brothers-in-arms are dying away. But I want to make contact & establish connection with my former co-Fil-Am war veterans still alive in the 43rd, 45th and 57th Infantry Philippine Scouts.

I have a lot of questions to ask but I just want you to know that I am very grateful if you could include me in your roster of membership.

Very sincerely yours,

Gaspar C. Dowling

<gusdowling@hotmail.com>

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
ric_dizon
YaBB Newbies

Re: Gaspar C. Dowling, 43rd Inf. (PS)
Reply #1 - Apr 28th, 2008, 3:17am

Good Day,

Hello GASPAR C. DOWLING

Im a son of a Philippine Scout, His Name was PRIMO G. DIZON, sadly he already past away way back 1985, my mother told me that he was discharged in OKINAWA JAPAN, apparently my mother lost all documents my father had, and now we are really looking for someone to help us find some of his military records, i just wish that you knew him. We want to apply my mothers eligibility to have pension as a widow of a PS,

Wishing you good health...

hope to hear from you,

RIC DIZON

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print