Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sergeant PRIMO G. DIZON (PS) (Read 3027 times)
ric_dizon
YaBB Newbies

Sergeant PRIMO G. DIZON (PS)
Apr 10th, 2008, 3:07am

Good Day,

I would like to ask if somebody have an idea on how and where can i get the military records of my late father, the only info i have are the following:

Name: PRIMO GONZALES DIZON Sr.
Date of Birth : June 9, 1926
Place of Birth: San Jose Nueva Ecija, Philippines
He was honorary discharge in OKINAWA JAPAN as
Sergeant and work in the Supply and Maintenance division of the PS.

Hope to hear from you

Thanks

Ric Dizon

IP Logged
ord510

AZ
Re: Sergeant PRIMO G. DIZON (PS)
Reply #1 - Apr 10th, 2008, 11:20pm

Ric,

I have an enlistment record for Primo Dizon.  It shows enlistment date of Aug 16, 1946, he is a Pvt in Philippine Scouts.  Place of enlistment is Sidney, Montana, term of enlistment is Hawaiian Department.  This is common for Scout enlistments after the war, even though the individual Scout never was in the US.

In 1973 there was a fire at the Government Record Facility in St Louis, Missouri and US Army Records were lost.  Whether your father's records were involved or not you would have to contact St Louis.  They should have a web site you can contact on the internet to find out.

Regards,

Tom McGeeney

Tom
  IP Logged
ric_dizon
YaBB Newbies

Re: Sergeant PRIMO G. DIZON (PS)
Reply #2 - Apr 15th, 2008, 12:16am

Good Day,

Tom, thanks for the information, could you send a copy of the enlistment record if possible, so i can show it to my mother and we can verify if itsour late father.. Thanks in advance.. just e-mail it to me in rfdizon72@yahoo.com..

Ric

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print