Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My Grandfather's History as Scout (Read 3681 times)
xacto
YaBB Newbies

My Grandfather's History as Scout
Apr 05th, 2008, 8:27am

I wish someone can send me info regarding my grandfather's history during his stint as wwII veteran.

He is Tomas M. Redoņa and according to my grandma, he is a veteran of wwII.

I wonder how he was during his stint.

thanx,

Smiley

xacto

alex_redona@yahoo.com

IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: My Grandfather's History as Scout
Reply #1 - Apr 5th, 2008, 8:46am

You haven't given enough information here.  Was he a Philippine Scout?  If so, in what unit or type of unit (infantry, cavalry, artillery or support) did he serve?  When and where did he enlist?  Did he survive the war?  If he was not a Philippine Scout, he is unlikely to have been known by users of this site.  If he was a Scout, the more information you can provide the better.  Although the military records of some Scouts were destroyed during a fire at the St. Louis records center, the Veterans Administration might still have records on him.  Information on checking  there is available on our website.  Editor

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
xacto
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - Apr 8th, 2008, 12:03pm

actually, he passed already long time ago. his records according to my grandma was misplaced. i know nothing of him except that my parents and grandma told me he was a fomer war veteran.

so it will really be a hard time tracing his roots as a soldier. and i just placed his name to identify if there are still living comrade that might knew his name which is Tomas M. Redoņa.

thnx.

IP Logged
ord510

AZ
Reply #3 - Apr 8th, 2008, 3:14pm

Alex,

I did a little re search on Ancestry.com but didn't find anything on Tomas.  There are Redonas but no Tomas.  I have an enlistment record for Lawrence J. Redona.  He enlisted on Jan 1, 1941 in Los Angeles.

1880 Census has 14 Redonas living only in California.   1920 Census has 24 living in the US, and 1930 Census has 11 living in the US.  But no Tomas.  Only T is Torcia in Kodiak Alaska iin 1930 and she is female.

I hope some fellow soldiers recognize the name.

Regards,

Tom McGeeney

Tom
  IP Logged
xacto
YaBB Newbies

Reply #4 - Apr 9th, 2008, 12:12pm

Tom,

thanx for your effort regarding my quest. i have a grandfather in davao city in southern philippines and according to my aunt, he is my late grandpa's brother which is Beinvenido Redoņa and he is also a war veteran and according to him, he knew personally the exploits of my late grandpa because they both serve in the war. so he means personally that my grandpa serve in the war but he knew nothing with regards to the serial no. of my grandpa.

i dont know if he knew about the assignment area where my grandpa serve. i think it will be one thing that could help me trace his roots being a war veteran. unfortunately i cannot reach him now since i am in manila and my aunt only communicates with him.

anyway, i still feel that i will find those important things that could link me to his roots.

thank you and more power!

truly yours,

alex

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print