Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
c masiclat (Read 2907 times)
jchesnut
YaBB Newbies

c masiclat
Feb 24th, 2008, 10:05pm

Regimental Sergeant Major C Masiclat of the 26th Cavalry is believed to have moved to California after the war. Does anyone have any knowlege of this man and/or his family's whereabouts?

IP Logged
ord510

AZ
Re: c masiclat
Reply #1 - Feb 26th, 2008, 5:07pm

All I ran across was a Passenger List when Cipriano Musiciat, Jr arrived in the US from the Philippines.  The name of the ship was "Wide Awake" and it arrived in Portland, Oregon on Nov 15, 1945.  Being born in 1925 in Angeles, Pampanga, he was 20 years old.  I hope this is the right Cipriano.

This was all there was, but you must remember that there was a devastating fire in the Records Facility at St Louis in 1973.  Many records were lost and it could be that Cipriano's was lost, too.  The Records Center is in the process of reconstructing the lost files and if you have personal information about Cipriano's military service with papers he may have kept at his residence, you could be of great help in the reconstruction.  Write to:

Military Records
Ft Benjamin Harrison
St Louis, MO
USA

Regards,

Tom McGeeney      ord510@cox.net

Tom
  IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Reply #2 - Feb 29th, 2008, 9:46am

I have some great places on the net [for researching veterans].
1. Social Security Death Index.  Both he and his wife are there.
2. If you "google" his name, there are just great references and pictures.
 Yes, I know this isn't really the way to respond, but could you please forward this?  Thank you.

Jean Fisher Hall

Posted for Mrs. Hall, Editor

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
smasiclat
YaBB Newbies

NY
Reply #3 - Mar 17th, 2008, 10:51pm

Regimental Sergeant Major Cipriano Masiclat was my grandfather. He moved to San Francisco, California in the early 1950s and lived for many years at 723, 11th Avenue in San Francisco.

The previous post by ord510 references his son (my father) Cipriano Masiclat Jr.

My grandfather died in 1978, and as an active duty officer in the US Marine Corps, I was given his flag and medals including his Silver and Bronze Stars, Purple Hearts, Meritorious Service Medal and all campaign medals.

Stephen Masiclat
Syracuse, NY

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print