Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
S/Sgt Gaudencio Licerio Sr (Read 2501 times)
ClaireS
YaBB Newbies

GA
S/Sgt Gaudencio Licerio Sr
Feb 22nd, 2008, 10:17pm

Recently I've taken a great interest in my grandfather's military history. He was assigned to Company A, 57th Infantry Regiment during WWII and was awarded the Distinguished Service Cross for his actions during the battle at Anyasen Point.  
 If anyone knows of my grandfather I would love to hear from you.  My grandfather passed away when I was still a toddler so I never got to know him or his stories.

IP Logged
ord510

AZ
Re: S/Sgt Gaudencio Licerio Sr
Reply #1 - Feb 27th, 2008, 12:58am

ClaireS,
I ran across a POW Record for Corporal Gaudencio Licerio. of the Infantry.  He has a Report date of May 7, 1942, which is the date all resistance to the Japanese ended.  On Feb 27, 1945 he returned to US control.

On March 19, 1951, while he is in the 2nd Inf Division in the Korean Conflict, Master Sergeant Gaudencio is seriously wounded in action by a missle.  From which he returned to duty.

Tom McGeeney    ord510@cox.net

Tom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print