Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Palermo Espiritu (Read 2499 times)
mfrost
YaBB Newbies

My wife's Uncle,
Palermo Espiritu was
a PS

Florida
Palermo Espiritu
Jan 24th, 2008, 1:27pm

My wife's Uncle died either in Bataan or during the Death March. I am looking for any information on him. My wife's family is from Bontoc, Southern Leyte.

Mike Frost
MMCS(SW) USN Retired
  IP Logged
ord510

AZ
Re: Palermo Espiritu
Reply #1 - Jan 25th, 2008, 2:44pm

Pablo Espiritu,

I come across several Espititus,
        Gavino, Dionicio, Tedoro, Ovidio and Pablo.  Some have the middle initial of P.

Pablo P. Espiritu was born Aug 17, 1917 asnd died Jan 12, 1997.  He is buried at Sto Nino Memorial Park in Naga City Canaman, Cemarines Sur  Philippines.  He is listed in the Corps of Engineers.  He had service both in WW II and Korea.

Both Gavino Espiritu and Dionicio Espiritu were in the Infantry.

Ovidio P. Espiritu is listed on a California Passenger and Crew List.  He was born in 1922 in Olongapo Zambales, Philippines.  Ship sailed from Manila to San Francisco, arriving Aug 7, 1947.  The boat was USAT SS Gen. M.M. Patrick.

Tedoro P Espiritu enlisted in the Philippine Scouts September 4, 1946.  He was single with no dependents.

I tried to list birth dates and cities each was from to better identify the individual soldiers.

Hope this helps out

Tom McGeeney                  

Tom
  IP Logged
mfrost
YaBB Newbies

My wife's Uncle,
Palermo Espiritu was
a PS

Florida
Re: Palermo Espiritu
Reply #2 - Jan 25th, 2008, 3:36pm

Thanks Smiley,

But I am sure he died in 1942 on the death march or before in Bataan. My wife's Grandmother was receiving a monthly check from the U.S. Government until her death. I have requested information from the Army Archives. Hopefully his files (if they exist) were not in the fire in '73.

Mike Frost
MMCS(SW) USN Retired

Mike Frost
MMCS(SW) USN Retired
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print