Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SSgt Nicasio Macan (Read 2527 times)
fmakkanic
YaBB Newbies

SSgt Nicasio Macan
Dec 28th, 2007, 3:02pm

If anyone out there know of my grandfather, please let me know.

I am currently organizing his military records and would like further assistance from anyone in this site.  I could remember the carabao head patch that represented his unit/outfit.

I will post more information as I get his records together.

Fidel

IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: SSgt Nicasio Macan
Reply #1 - Dec 28th, 2007, 3:53pm

It would be very useful to know in what unit or type of unit (cavalry, infantry, artillery or support) your grandfather served.  It also would be helpful to know when he enlisted and from where.  

The Philippine Division was created in 1922 based on two US infantry regiments (15th and 31st) and two Philippine Scout regiments (45th and 57th) patch was also adopted on July 8, 1922 and features a gold carabao (symbolizing the Philippines) on a red shield. Gold and red were the Spanish colors.  (This shoulder patch can be seen at the top of this page.)

Editor

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Rainbow Trout  aka Sue

Joy comes in the
morning

Washington
Re: SSgt Nicasio Macan
Reply #2 - Dec 29th, 2007, 4:31am

Found in a quick name-only search, hope this helps.

Nicasio Macan,  born 1895 in the Philippines,  Filipino citizen
Enlistment Date: 6 Sep 1940  Branch: Field Artillery Branch Code: Field Artillery
Grade: Private Grade Code: Private
Term of Enlistment: Enlistment for the Philippine Department
Component: Philippine Scouts (Officers and Enlisted Men)
Source: Enlisted Man, Regular Army, within 3 months of Discharge or former WAAC Auxiliary
Education: Grammar school
Civil Occupation: High Voltage Cable Splicer or Baker* or Oven Fireman
An asterisk (*) appearing after a job title indicates that a trade test for the particular occupation will be found in the United States Employment Service Manual, Oral Trade Test.
Marital Status: Married Height: 64 Weight: 139
Arrival in the US: 27 Jun 1956 aboard the ship, Barrett
Port of Arrival: San Francisco, California
Port of Departure: Manila, Philippines

Information found on Ancestry.com

In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, any copyrighted work in this message is distributed under fair use without profit or payment for non-profit research and educational purposes only. GRG [Ref.
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml]

WWW emerald_trout@yahoo.com   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print