Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
43rd Inf(PS), Echo Co., 2nd Battalion, (Read 3351 times)
jefferzone
YaBB Newbies

43rd Inf(PS), Echo Co., 2nd Battalion,
Oct 23rd, 2007, 3:42am

My grandfather is a member of PHILIPPINE SCOUT. He belongs to Echo Company, 2nd Batallion, 43th Infantry.  He was also issued a serial number 1035300. My grandfather's name is Fraxiso B. Adajar. Any information that could help my grandfather file or claim for any benefits from his services to the us army is really appreciated. My e-mail add is jefferzone@yahoo.com.

« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2007, 11:20am by Editor-at-Large »  
jefferzone   IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: Echo Company, 2nd Battalion,
Reply #1 - Oct 23rd, 2007, 7:44am

Your grandfather probably was part of the 43rd Infantry (PS) formed out of elements of the 45th Infantry (PS) in April 1941 and assigned to Camp John Hay.  Separated from other USAFFE forces by the invasion, they held out until well after the surrender and many joined the guerrillas.  If that is the case, the following would apply:

"Filipino veterans who served with U.S. forces in the Regular Philippine Scouts before October 6, 1945, are entitled to all VA benefits under the same criteria as apply to any veteran of U.S. military service. Those benefits are paid at the full-dollar rate and their dependents and survivors are entitled to benefits under the eligibility rules common to the survivors of all U.S. veterans."

If by chance he joined after the war, he would then be classified as a "New Scout" and different rules would apply.  More information is available on our PSHS website at:  www.philippine-scouts.org on the "Veterans Affairs & Benefits" page.   Editor

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print