Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
want to help a son of a ps veteran (Read 2847 times)
nick
YaBB Newbies

want to help a son of a ps veteran
Oct 01st, 2007, 1:59am

I have a friend that needs help.  He claimed that his late father was a member of PHILIPPINE SCOUT and was issued a certificate as a member of U.S. Army.  The certification indicates that he belong to 1st Company, 3rd Batallion, 4oth Infantry, 12th Division.  He was also issued a serial number 10311875.  Any information that could help my friend file or claim for any benefits from his father services to the us army is really appreciated.  My e-mail address is nddmaster@yahoo.com

IP Logged
Rainbow Trout  aka Sue

Joy comes in the
morning

Washington
Re: want to help a son of a ps veteran
Reply #1 - Oct 2nd, 2007, 6:42pm

I hit a dead end and I then asked the 40th Inf Association for their assistance and invited them to post a reply,  or to email Nick.

WWW emerald_trout@yahoo.com   IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: want to help a son of a ps veteran
Reply #2 - Oct 6th, 2007, 7:52am

The 12th Infantry Division (PS) came into existence after WWII.  Philippine Scouts Infantry Regiments activated after the war were 43rd, 44th and 45th.  I can find no listing of a Philippine Scout 40th Infantry Regiment.

I suggest that the son post his father's name, as that may generate responses from Scout veterans who knew him.  

Editor

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print