Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Basiliso Palomar, 57th Inf. (PS) (Read 2103 times)
Gerry
YaBB Newbies

Basiliso Palomar, 57th Inf. (PS)
Sep 28th, 2007, 12:24am

I haven't had a chance to see my grandfather alive. The only memories that we have is his picture. All we know is that he was in the Philippine Scout and died in prison during WWII.

In my desire to know what had really happen I got into a website where all soldiers who died during the war are listed. And found my grandfather's name and little information about him like his rank (PFC), the date he died (May 18, 1942), Service Nos. (6613985) and that he received bronze medal for his valor. However it did not say what was the exact cause of his death. It did mentioned that he was missing in action or may had been buried at sea.

I would greatly appreciate for any information or stories on what had happen to my grandfather during the war.

Thank you and more power to PSHS.

Gerry

« Last Edit: Oct 01st, 2007, 10:20am by Editor-at-Large »  
  IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: Basiliso Palomar
Reply #1 - Sep 28th, 2007, 10:03pm

Do you know what unit or type of unit in which your grandfather served?  Was it infantry, cavalry, artillery, support?  Editor

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Gerry
YaBB Newbies

Re: Basiliso Palomar
Reply #2 - Sep 30th, 2007, 8:13pm

My grandfather was with the 57th Infantry Regiment, Philippine Scouts

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print