Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pvt. Abraham P. Faller, 57th Infantry, Co. C. (Read 1238 times)
ndelpilar
YaBB Newbies

Pvt. Abraham P. Faller, 57th Infantry, Co. C.
Aug 29th, 2007, 2:47am

Dear Mr. Schefer:
My father was a Philippine Scout in the 57th Infantry, C company.  I am also looking for information about Pvt. Abraham P. Faller (P. is for delPilar).  He was a private during WWII and was highly decorated.  In 1967 he was the most decorated soldier at FT. Jackson, S.C.  I did not have much time with my father.  After the war, he came to work for my Aunt in Washington State as a farmer.  He was drafted into the Army because of the Korean War.  He decided to stay with the Army and went to his third war: Vietnam Conflict.  Ten years after retirement he died of complications from Agent-Orange and was buried at Columbia, South Carolina, November 24, 1981.  I do want to know what he did as a Philippine Scout.  He never spoke about it.  I think there were too many hardship.  I do recall him sweating after taking a nap and suddenly jolting from his chair.  I have four brothers and one of my brother's son has just finished his tour from Iraq. I have been given the responsibility of writing about him and passing on to the Fallers about this man Abraham P. Faller.  I do hope you can help.   I can be reached at ndelpilar@yahoo.com.  I reside in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.  I am a historian, as well. Thank you.  
Dr. Nenita Faller-Miller

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print