Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Major Campbell Hodges Snyder, 14th Engineers (PS) (Read 4284 times)
CampbellSnyder
YaBB Newbies

Major Campbell Hodges Snyder, 14th Engineers (PS)
Aug 14th, 2007, 7:43pm

Hi, I am doing research on family history.  Does anyone know what happened to Major Snyder before Bataan, after Bataan and before the Oryoko Maru?

« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2007, 3:56pm by Editor-at-Large »  
  IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: Major Campbell Hodges Snyder
Reply #1 - Aug 21st, 2007, 9:45am

It would be helpful if you supplied more information on Major Snyder.  In what Philippine Scout unit did he serve?  If you don't know the unit designation, what type of unit was it--artillery, infantry, cavalry, support?  Did he perish on the Oryoko Maru?   Editor

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
CampbellSnyder
YaBB Newbies

Re: Major Campbell Hodges Snyder
Reply #2 - Aug 21st, 2007, 7:39pm

Campbell Snyder was in the 14th Engineer Division of the Phillipine Scouts.  He was the youngest officer to receive the title of major.  He died while attempting escape from the Oryoko Maru.

IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: Major Campbell Hodges Snyder, 14th Engineers (
Reply #3 - Oct 11th, 2007, 4:08pm

Approximately one page back in this section is additional information on Major Snyder.  This is the second query posted on the message board concerning him.  Editor

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
ord510

AZ
Reply #4 - Oct 14th, 2007, 3:46pm

I made an entry last April where I stated Maj Snyder wasn't listed in Manny Lawton's book  "Some Survived".  I was wrong, as Maj Campbell H. Snyder is listed with a Sacramento address.

Sorry for that error.  From the information it looks like Maj Snyder was on Mindineo, and then brought to Luzon when those prisoners were being shipped to Japan.  Don't know what his duty was, as they had an Aviation Battalion that made the Air Fields so he wasn't in Air Field constructin.

Regards,

Tom McGeeney

Tom
  IP Logged
CampbellSnyder
YaBB Newbies

Reply #5 - Jan 26th, 2008, 6:26pm

Is there any information about where the 14th engineers were after Pearl Harbor and before Bataan.
Thank you
CS

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print