Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Photos,Corregidor 30 Jul-2 Aug 2007 (Read 2657 times)
Karl-Wilhelm Welteke
YaBB Newbies

I am an USN
vet.interested in
Phil-Am History.

Subic Bay
Photos,Corregidor 30 Jul-2 Aug 2007
Aug 9th, 2007, 10:18am

On 30th of July 2007 the webmaster of corregidor.org and I wet to Corregidor again. We used a boat from Cabcaben , Bataan, to cross  over.
The weather was outstanding and  the North Channel was super calm. We walked and researched the Belt Road around Battery Way. Also we looked at Battery Sunset on climbed all over that ridge. Further we visited Battery Hanna area and went into Grubbs Ravine.
My pet project was to make a comprehensive  set of images of Battery Way, the Hospital, the Middleside Barracks the EM Club and a few other places.
I uploaded only a few images to my ‘photo bucket’ account and offer them here in this URL:(this URL has 5 sub albums you have to click on !!!!)

http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i265/PI-Sailor/Corregidor%20at%20Random/CI%20R...

« Last Edit: Aug 02nd, 2011, 7:50am by Karl-Wilhelm Welteke »  
WWW   IP Logged
Rainbow Trout  aka Sue

Joy comes in the
morning

Washington
Re: Photos,Corregidor 30 Jul-2 Aug 2007
Reply #1 - Aug 14th, 2007, 6:02pm

Hi Karl,

I have a special request that I hope you, and anyone else who might be going to Corregidor would be willing to fulfill.
Would you consider making a detailed record of the names of the nurses on the monument  that is there. I am hoping to find more names of  the Filipina nurses whose names were not recorded as the American nurses were. They deserve to have their names celebrated and never be unknown soldiers (nurses).  Thank you for your consideration.
Sue
(link goes to my mom's web page - please visit.)

WWW emerald_trout@yahoo.com   IP Logged
Karl-Wilhelm Welteke
YaBB Newbies

I am an USN
vet.interested in
Phil-Am History.

Subic Bay
Re: Photos,Corregidor 30 Jul-2 Aug 2007
Reply #2 - Aug 16th, 2007, 6:44pm

Hello Sue
I have sent you an email with an image, with higher resolution, of all the names of the nurses on that Memorial Marker but maybe you have not received it yet.
On my many visits to Corregidor I’m able to see the island in much greater detail than the visitors on the one day ‘whirlwind’ tours.
Your request gave me the idea to put together all the pics of the Gen.Wainwright Memorial where the ‘Angels of Bataan’ marker is located. Perhaps this collection of pics will give you the feel like you where there. I think the Memorial has been done right and the island management is taking good care of it.

This link is active again as of 2011-07-31
http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i265/PI-Sailor/Corregidor%20by%20subject/CI%20...

« Last Edit: Jul 31st, 2011, 7:00am by Karl-Wilhelm Welteke »  
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print