Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Vicente Jungco (Read 2616 times)
barbmag
YaBB Newbies

Vicente Jungco
Jul 27th, 2007, 7:31pm

Hello all! I'm currently researching an uncle who I believe may have been a Philippine Scout. I have some of his military records from the National Archives but am trying to confirm whether he was a POW. My uncle is Vicente Jungco, service dates August 23, 1919 thru January 26, 1952. I know he was assigned to Fort McKinley at one time.  He passed away October 30, 1979 and is buried in San Pablo City. His gravestone says he was a Corporal.  Can anyone confirm his POW status? Thank you!

IP Logged
Rainbow Trout  aka Sue

Joy comes in the
morning

Washington
Re: Vicente Jungco
Reply #1 - Aug 4th, 2007, 12:38pm

Hi Barb,

Name:      Vicente Jungco      
Residence State:      R3      

Report Date:      7 May 1942      
Latest Report Date:      21 Feb 1945      

Grade:      Private First Class      
Grade Notes:      Second Lieutenant or Nurse or Dietitian or Physical therapy aide or Private First Class or Ensign or Second Class, Seaman      
Service Branch:      Army      
Arm or Service:      Signal Corps      
Arm or Service Code:      Signal Corps      
Area Served:      Southwest Pacific Theatre: Philippine Islands      
Detaining Country:      Japan      
Camp:      Philippines Unstated Philippines 14-121      
STATUS:      Returned to Military Control, Liberated or Repatriated

Source: ancestry.com
Source:
National Archives and Records Administration. World War II Prisoners of War, 1941-1946 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2005. Original data: World War II Prisoners of War Data File [Archival Database]; Records of World War II Prisoners of War, 1942-1947; Records of the Office of the Provost Marshal General, Record Group 389; National Archives at College Park, College Park, MD.

WWW emerald_trout@yahoo.com   IP Logged
ndelpilar
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - Aug 29th, 2007, 2:00am

Dear Mr. Jungco:
I recall my mother mentioning the name Jungco.  My father was a Philippine Scout in the 57th Infantry, C company.  I am also looking for information about Abraham Faller.  He was a private during WWII and was highly decorated.  In 1967 he was the most decorated soldier at FT. Jackson, S.C.  Anyone else who may have information about my father, please let me know.  I can be reached at ndelpilar@yahoo.com.  I reside in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.  I am a historian, as well.  
Dr. Nenita Faller-Miller

IP Logged
ord510

AZ
Reply #3 - Aug 29th, 2007, 2:55pm

Hi Everyone,

I got pretty much what Sue put up, but with the similarities of Vicente and Vincente I also got an enlistment and death for Vincente.  These were the only two records listed.

Vincente Jungco, born 1901 enlisted on March 13, 1945 as a Frivate Fist Class in the Signal Corps.  And then Social Security Death Index lists date of death as October, 1979, birth October 12, 1901.  State listed was Hawaii.

Don't know if this is any help, or more of a hindrance.

Regards,

Tom McGeeney

Tom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print