Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lt. Bonifacio R. Garcia, 45th Inf Regt (PS) (Read 2269 times)
Macabebe_Scouts
YaBB Newbies

Lt. Bonifacio R. Garcia, 45th Inf Regt (PS)
Jun 2nd, 2007, 5:52am

Hello there: Is there anyone out there knows my father ? He enlisted in the Scouts back in 1934 and assigned to Co. "K" 45th Inf Regt (PS) as a rifleman. He took the commision after the war and was given Company "L" 45th Infantry Regt. as a Company Commander. Would anyone knows where he was assigned during the siege of Bataan? He is a native of Batangas Province always talked load and I heard during his enlisted days that he run a gambling and money games in the barracks. Also I have 2 uncles who served in the Scouts too. They are Cpt Punla of 45th Inf Regt (PS) and Cpt Cauntay of 57th Inf Regt (PS). Also my 2 great grandfathers were a Macabebe Scouts and was a part of the Big push operation in Southern Tagalog (Laguna, Batangas and Quezon province) region during the Philippine Amercan War and that's how I ended up in Batangas. Any information please post it on this site. Thank you very much.

Arturo L. Garcia

« Last Edit: Jun 03rd, 2007, 9:44pm by Macabebe_Scouts »  
  IP Logged
Jude
YaBB Newbies

Wa.
Re: Lt. Bonifacio R. Garcia, 45th Inf Regt (PS)
Reply #1 - Jun 16th, 2007, 11:17pm

If you go to a site called The Battling Bastards of Bataan they will help you.  They helped me find my great uncle.
Jude

IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: Lt. Bonifacio R. Garcia, 45th Inf Regt (PS)
Reply #2 - Jun 17th, 2007, 12:27pm

The following fourteen 45th Infantry (PS) veterans are thought to be still living:

Captain Paul Balanga, San Francisco, CA
Sgt Norberto Ballesteros [3rd Bn.], Aeia, HI
Edward Bautista, [A Co.],
Floriano Castaneda, [Intelligence Section], Kaneohe, HI
Major Fred Foz, Pearl City, HI
Gil Gutierrez, [2nd Bn.], Pearl City, HI
Arnulfo  O. Labasbas, [Hqtrs. Co.], Berryville, VA
Nick Lozada, [3rd Bn.], Vallejo, CA
Feliz Magalong, [H Co.], Aurora, CO
Pablo Mesina, Daly City, CA
Antonio Nimis, Seaside, CA
Pacifico Valdevarona, [H Co.] Alameda, CA
Sgt. Eustaquio Villador
Hermenio Vargas, Lakewood, WA

Editor

P.S. The Philippine Scouts and Macabebe Scouts were established separately a few weeks apart in 1901.  Sometimes the Macabebe Scouts are erroneously credited with being an earlier iteration of the Philippine Scouts.

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print