Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
2nd Infantry Phillipine Constabulary (Read 4567 times)
OlsenPC
YaBB Newbies

2nd Infantry Phillipine Constabulary
May 11th, 2007, 7:59pm

My Great Uncle was an officer attached to this unit when Bataan fell April 9, 1941.  He was US Army Cavalry/Artillery officer Lt. Col. Alexander "Swede" Olsen.  Seeking any information on him or from anyone who may have been in this unit during the March or just before (from Dec. 24th 1941).

petrao57   IP Logged
OlsenPC
YaBB Newbies

Re: 2nd Infantry Phillipine Constabulary
Reply #1 - Jul 9th, 2008, 8:10pm

My research has now taken me to learning that the 2nd Phillipine Constabulary Division was not a Phillipine Scout organization, but a newly-created Phillipine Army division, under Gen. Guillermo Francisco, I believe.  Sorry to have posted unwisely.

My uncle, who would have gotten the promotion to full colonel 9 days into the war like every other US Cavalry Officer, was probably G-2 or G-3 of the Division or one of the Regts.  His letters were return addressed: "Cdr., 2nd Infantry Phillipine Const., Bataan, P.I.".  Interestingly last year it seems Maj. Gen. Francisco was still alive in Manila!  Couldn't find a way to get in touch.

Peter Olsen

petrao57   IP Logged
Chris_Schaefer
YaBB Administrator

Texas
Re: 2nd Infantry Phillipine Constabulary
Reply #2 - Sep 7th, 2009, 2:22pm

There is a book, available in the Philippines, that may have some information of value to you.  It is "The Constabulary Story," by Colonel Reynaldo SanGabriel, published by Bustamante Press in Quezon City, PI in 1978.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print