Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Alberto Samuel Llorente (Read 3034 times)
Chris_Schaefer
YaBB Administrator

Texas
Alberto Samuel Llorente
Apr 20th, 2007, 5:05pm

Hello there,

I am the grandson of Alberto Samuel Llorente who was to what I recall an officer, a ranger, in the U.S. Army during the second world war, joined the guerrilia in the island of Mindanao after the fall of the army, and was at Leyte when McArthur landed.  He was struck by a heart attack when I was 5, in 1980, and anyhow never wanted to talk about what happend during the war and what happend to his brother and friend.

As I live in Italy, I don't really have a chance to find material or consult anybody, any chance someone can advise me who to contact?

Thank you in advance and best regards,

Alessandro Llorente Satta

Note:  Mr. Satta has been advised to contact the National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis.  Does anyone have any additional information about Alberto Llorente?

WWW   IP Logged
ord510

AZ
Re: Alberto Samuel Llorente
Reply #1 - Apr 20th, 2007, 7:12pm

Alessandro,

I gave a quick search, entered his name in the Ancestry.com and NARA "aad", but nothing came up.  That doesn't mean he has no records.  With the fire at the Records archives, what records pertaining to Albert were there, might have been destroyed.  Don't give up hope, though, as there are other sources.  Friends and buddies in the service are a good source.   Records and paper work that an individual kept also is a good source.

Posting Albert's name here is the first step and we will just have to wait.  And when you contact St Louis,  the Record Center, they will better advise you on the availablity of his records.

Good luck on your search.

Thomas McGeeney

Tom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print