Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Eustaquio Villador or Edmund Villador, 45th Inf. ( (Read 3551 times)
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Eustaquio Villador or Edmund Villador, 45th Inf. (
Apr 11th, 2007, 4:29pm

My father-in-law says he was a Philippine Scout. His name was Eustaquio Villador, later changed to Edmund Villador. He continued his service with the US Army until he retired around 1964. I met his family when he was a MSgt stationed at West Point and I was a Cadet studying there. I married his daughter immediately after graduation.

I do not see his name in the list of surviving PS. Is there any way I can confirm his service with the Philippine Scouts? I think his late brother Raymundo (Raymond) Villador was a PS also.

« Last Edit: May 12th, 2007, 10:29pm by Editor-at-Large »  

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
fred
YaBB Newbies

Re: Eustaquio Villador or Edmund Villador
Reply #1 - Apr 11th, 2007, 5:59pm

The NARA file on him says he enlisted in June 29, 1945.  If you send me your e-mail address, I will send you the file.

My e-mail address is fbaldie@pacbell.net

Fred

IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Reply #2 - Apr 11th, 2007, 7:18pm

The following information was provided by Tom McGeeney.  It appears to indicate that your father-in-law was a Sgt. with the 45th Inf. (PS).  Editor

Got your message and check out the Villadors.  Incomplete records for Eustaquio, have him in the PS with a re enlistment in 1945. There is also a death of Edwin B Eustaquio Villador in 9 April 1941 with internment in Ft McKinley cemetery.  Service info is a PFC Hq Co, 45th Inf PS.  Maybe a son.  He is a sergeant in 1945 on re enlistment, and there the end is.

Raymundo Villador has a 1945 re enlistment but he has a US Veterans Gravesite listing  Raymond Villador, Capt, US Army WW II and Korea.  This is missing with Edmund.  I checked different names but nothing more.

The information I got is available on ancestry.com or on the National Archives 'aad' site.

Regards,

Tom

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Reply #3 - Apr 12th, 2007, 1:03pm

The following paragraph was contributed by Major Fred Foz, a retired 45th Infantry (PS) soldier, who fought with the guerrillas following his release from POW internment.  Editor

We had a man by the name of Villador in Hq. & Hq. Co., 45th Inf PS  in Ft McKinley. During the war he was assigned to 3rd Bn, 45th Inf PS until the surrender....He learned where I was and he came to our camp during the guerilla days. He was caught when he went back to fetch his family out of Laoag and tortured. He confessed where we were located. Next day we were bombed and strafed on top of Vintar Dam operating a radio station with men that landed by submarine USS Stingray with weapons and equipment from Australia. I cannot confirm/his first name,Eustaquio or Edmundo. At the outbreak of the war I was a corporal and he was a Pfc. He was one of those massacred with BGen. Fidel V. Segundo and followers/families when the enemy went north to join Gen. Yamashita in Cagayan Valley.

Fred Foz

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
sguyfiore
YaBB Newbies

Re: Eustaquio Villador or Edmund Villador, 45th In
Reply #4 - Jun 1st, 2007, 12:41am

Hello,

My name is Guy Fiore.  I married Stacey Mondragon whose daughter is Erlinda Mondragon daughter Edmund Villador who was born in West Point New York where Edmund served as a Master Sargent.  I believe this is the same Edmund you discuss please contact me at guyfiore@cox.net .

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print